Mild taste with hint of natural sweetness, rice milk is known for a minimal ingredients list with a somewhat watery consistency that is different from other plant based milks.
Not only is it suitable for vegan or lactose-intolerant people, but it is also easily flavored, tasty, and can be paired with a variety of dishes. Therefore, it is an excellent substitute for mammal milks and can be used in baked goods or smoothies.
What to eat with rice milk? Rice milk tastes good in desserts and recipes that require delicate texture including soups and sauce for unsweetened or savory dishes.
Additionally, it works well for baking because it is a very thin liquid that may be useful with thickening elements such as flour or cornstarch.
Whether you are cooking, baking, or serving with breakfast oatmeal or simple cup of rice milk to pair with toast, it has proven as alternative beverage if you have allergies, high cholesterol or looking for a vegan drink option.
If you are seeking for healthy and fulfilling ways to consume rice milk in your daily routine, this article shares foods that pair well together. Answered below are frequently asked questions in regards to what to eat with rice milk for best results.
What is rice milk used for?
The subtle and sweet rice beverage is perfect to cook and bake with. It has nutritional benefits and low carb count that balances well in calories when consumed with other ingredients.
Rice milk can be used for different purposes such as:
- Making soup and light sauces: Rice milk is light and sweet, making it suitable for making creamy sauces or soup.
- Smoothies: The mild taste and sweet flavor makes it great for smoothies. It has a watery consistency that adds to the smoothie’s texture while blending with other foods.
- Flavored rice milk: Rice milk can be consumed on its own with different flavors including cinnamon, chocolate, or strawberries. It is rich in flavor and taste, making it an excellent drink to enjoy, even without pairing it with another snack or drink.
- Oatmeal: Simply boil oats and rice milk until tender or serve with cereal, and add slices of banana with a drizzle of maple syrup to serve. If you like your oatmeal loose, rice milk is perfect option instead of almond or oat milk.
- Coffee: Rice milk has a very neutral taste that allows the coffee flavor to come through, however it does not give a very creamy consistency. If you are lactose intolerant or have nut allergies, rice milk is popular option.
- Ice cream: Adding rice milk as the base ingredient to ice cream offers a perfectly subtle and less heavy foundation. It also folds wonderfully with chocolate chips, nut butters, and fruit chunks.
What flavors go well with rice milk?
Adding different flavors to rice milk spices things up. Not only sweetness flavor but also include a variety of textures.
Here are a few flavors to add in rice milk:
- rice milk + vanilla + raisins
- rice milk + peach + brown sugar + dates
- rice milk + berries + lemon + cinnamon
- rice milk + banana + maple syrup + almond
- rice milk + orange + pistachio
Blending fruit, spices, nuts, and condiments helps to easily take bland rice milk to the next level. If you have a snack to go with it, try to blend a spoonful of spices, fruit jams or fresh fruit with nuts. Ample syrup or honey can be added to act as a sweetener while making consistency richer.
What food goes well with rice milk?
Rice milk is versatile and can be added to egg tarts or salted and buttery buns. It gives crisp and flaky crust to hold any custard and keep inside soft while the outside remains crusty.
What fruit is good with rice milk?
Plenty of sweet fruits are good to eat with or blend into rice milk. The beverage has a natural mild sweetness that goes well with fruits flavor to add sweetness, texture, flavor, and a twist to the drink.
Here are fruit options that are good with rice milk:
Eat With Rice Milk: Conclusion
From dessert to cereal, smoothies, soup and sauces, rice milk offers mild and light sweetness that can improve your meal in a healthy way. It complement well in sweet, salty, spice, and any other savory dishes.
If you are dairy intolerant, rice milk is a great alternative to add in baking recipes or use while cooking. When doing so, be aware to adjust the recipe to add flour or thickening agents due to its watery consistency.
Other than soup and dessert, rice milk can be consumed as it is with a light snack or flavor the beverage with a blend of fruits, nuts, and spices.
Fruits such as berries, oranges, and bananas, and spices such as cinnamon successfully complement rice milk the best.
A delicious cup of rice milk can be enjoyed with a couple of fun snacks to get the day started or as a midday energy boost. Use these flavor combination and ingredient ideas to achieve an excellent pair of waffles, buns, or oatmeal of your choice.