Over easy eggs have a soft and gooey egg yolk with white that has crispy fried edges around the outside. Even though the egg is fried on both sides, it’s not cooked long enough for the yolk to become solid.
Eggs have become a superior selection for many. They are a perfectly healthy breakfast, yet they taste like a luxury breakfast when paired with a perfect dish.
What do you eat with over-easy eggs? Over-easy eggs pair wonderfully with sourdough bread, hash browns or pan fried potatoes, in sandwiches or with avocado and tomato slices.
In addition, it is such an excellent type of technique that works well with vegetables, cured meat, cheese, spices, herbs, and hearty greens.
To add a little bit of protein, serve the dish with a bowl of sautéed mushroom or creamy polenta, porridge, or oatmeal.
A over-easy egg is runny, which is why it complements well with variety of dishes. Also, it makes great plate design, and adds both color and texture to the dish.
In this article, we are going to review the flavor pairings to serve with over-easy eggs. Answered below re frequently asked questions about what to eat with over easy eggs for a nutritious and delicious meal.
What goes well with over-easy eggs?
Over-easy eggs can be prepared for breakfast, dinner and all throughout the day without a conflict. Served as sandwich, on top of a steak, or as huevos rancheros, the choices are endless.
However, it can be tough to fully enjoy over-easy eggs without the right ingredients. Here are some classics for you to experiment with:
- Vegetables: sweet potatoes, mushrooms, paprika, chipotle peppers, bell peppers, potatoes, zucchini, broccoli, carrots, avocado, cauliflower, asparagus
- Herbs: chives, rosemary, tarragon, dill, basil
- Spices: red pepper, chili powder, pepper
- Meat: ground meat, bacon, sausage, ham, prosciutto
- Rice: brown rice, sushi rice, white rice, jasmine rice
- Condiments: soy sauce, sesame oil, hot sauce, salsa, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise
- Seeds: sesame seeds
- Cheese: cheddar, american, swiss, parmesan, pepper jack
What bread to eat with over-easy eggs?
With just a slice of the fresh baked bread, you can be sure to have long-lasting energy that will sustain a start to the day. Over easy eggs with slice of toast or served in a sandwich is a hearty and fulfilling meal when you need fuel for the day ahead.
- whole wheat bread
- english muffins
- white bread
- texas toast
- italian bread
What flavor goes well with over-easy eggs?
From savory to salty, and spices, over-easy eggs are a versatile egg dish that is selected based on the yolk cooked preferences. From spices to vegetables, it complement well to create your desired experience.
Here are classic flavor combinations to try with over-easy eggs:
- over-easy eggs + black pepper + butter + salt
- over-easy eggs + Greek yogurt + spinach + olive oil
- over-easy eggs + potatoes + bell peppers + diced hem + olive oil
- over-easy eggs + bread + cheese + avocado + tomato
- over-easy eggs + sesame seeds + chili oil + rice + sea salt
Eat With Over Easy Eggs: Conclusion
A dish with over-easy eggs is a perfect way to start your day. Even if you skip a cup of coffee, the eggs are a simply delicious option to fuel your body with necessary nutrition.
The soft and smooth flavor of over-easy egg complements beautifully with toast, sourdough, whole wheat, white, Texas, Italian, baguette or English muffins. Otherwise, serve with a side of hash browns or simply pan fried potatoes also does the trick.
The runny egg yolk goes well in sandwiches with cheese, avocado, and cured meats of your choice. But to avoid using bread, consider topping polenta, porridge, or oatmeal with a delicious over-easy egg.
There is no good reason to pass on over-easy egg. It is a satisfying addition to many dishes that is simply hard to resist.