Predominantly made from hazelnut, Nutella is made of roasted hazelnuts, skim milk, and cocoa to create a creamy consistency blended with a chocolate taste and nutty flavor.
Nutella is a luxurious snack food and one of the world’s most famous comfort foods that has become an addictive source of happiness. But not all foods go together well with this distinctive condiment.
What to eat with Nutella? Nutella serves as a dip, sauce or spread commonly served on bread, waffles, toast, and pancakes. Even though it is loaded with sweetness, it pairs wonderfully with fruits such as apples, banana, berries, stone and many tropical fruits.
Other than bread, Nutella can be served with pretzels, marshmallows, crackers, rice cakes, croissants, Oreos, and put into smoothies. These are easy and quick ways to enjoy Nutella as a snack.
Without cooking involved, Nutella can be simply spread on a slice of plain white bread, serve with any breakfast sweets, baked goods or in quick smoothies. There are many ways to enjoy the chocolaty and creamy goodness.
Nutella is no doubt the food of gods. While receiving massive applause from many, there are so many indigenous ways Nutella can be eaten. Here are classic ways to enjoy the chocolate and hazelnut spread.
What goes well with Nutella?
Nutella is chocolatey, but also has a roasted nut and earthy flavor. It is fairly sweet due to the high sugar content, but that hasn’t stopped it from becoming a favorite spread to replace chocolate sauce.
Nutella pairs best with:
- Fruits: apples, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, pears, kiwis, pineapple, peaches, apricots, cherries, coconut, oranges, mangoes, papayas
- Vegetables: potato, carrots, celery, zucchini, avocado, kale
- Food: pretzels, marshmallows, toast, waffles, pancake, ice cream
- Beverage: milk, coffee, smoothies
- Cheese: mozzarella, brie, cream cheese, mascarpone, ricotta
- Dairy: whipped cream, milk
- Spices: cinnamon, cocoa powder, cardamom, pumpkin pie spice, cayenne pepper
- Herbs: mint, basil, lavender, spearmint
- Nuts: cashews, almonds, walnuts, peanuts
- Condiments: maple syrup, vanilla, sea salt
- Oil: coconut, sunflower
- Bread: baguette, whole wheat, croissant, brioche, white bread, sourdough, pita
Snacks to eat with Nutella
From creamy texture to salty flavor, Nutella can be paired with various food without discouraging the original flavor. As a result, it can be quickly served as a snack without cooking.
Simply use Nutella as a dip or spread without cooking or additional ingredients for an easy snack. Here are some ideas to try for mouth-watering bites to eat:
- crescent rolls
- graham crackers
- potato chips
- rice cakes
- fruits, especially with slices of apple, bananas, and strawberries
What to eat with Nutella besides bread?
Swap bread with Nutella and make more inspired desserts, dip, sauce, and much more. If you are opting away from dough, these are some foods to eat with Nutella besides bread.
What flavor goes well with Nutella?
Nutella is a food that delivers strong and sweet flavors that can be overwhelming. For this reason, Nutella needs a balance.
Some flavors that work well with Nutella involve sea salt, orange zest, or nuts. Fruits such as raspberries and cranberries also help reduce the sweetness of Nutella.
Here are classic flavor profiles to pair with Nutella:
- Nutella + banana + peanuts + white bread
- Nutella + brioche bread + butter + egg + maple syrup + cinnamon
- Nutella + mozzarella cheese + ricotta cheese + raspberry jam + artisan bread
- Nutella + graham crackers + marshmallow + brown sugar
- Nutella + peanut butter + chia seeds + banana + whole wheat bread
Eat with Nutella: Conclusion
The ways to eat Nutella are honestly endless. From simple to elaborate and dip to sauce, this condiment can be added to toast, pancakes, waffles, baked goods, smoothies, oatmeal and snacks, there is no dish Nutella will disappoint.
To even out the sweetness, try serving with various fruits such as apples, bananas, berries, citrus, stone, and tropical fruits.
Nutella already plays a role as a dip or spread without adding any other ingredients. Therefore, it can be used to dip marshmallows, graham crackers, rice cakes, bacon, potato chips, and churros other than serving with bread.
Add a sweet flavor to any dish with Nutella, making it more enjoyable. Sort through your favorite snacks and dishes, we’re sure there are a few foods in your kitchen to eat with Nutella!