Crispy edges with mellow yolk and the egg white, fried eggs are enjoyed to different degrees of doneness. From sunny side up to over easy, over medium and over hard, everything is possible with fried eggs.
Eggs are a healthy food option. By pairing with right sides, sauces, and seasoning, fried egg dishes can be satisfying and fulfilling.
What do you eat with fried eggs? Fried eggs pair wonderfully with a variety of foods including bacon, potatoes, vegetables, cheese, rice, spaghetti, herbs, bread, and chorizo.
Place fried eggs on top of green salads, noodles, grain dishes, pizza, kale or any other hearty greens, and on toast.
Including fried eggs in your meal prep adds crispy texture and creamy flavor to the dish. Consider adding fried eggs on anything in sight, from sauces and seasonings to cheeses and veggies.
Simple egg dishes are always delicious no matter what, but it’s good to jazz up things a little. Here are fun and friendly ways to upgrade fried eggs from basic to high class.
What goes well with fried eggs?
If you want to make a complete meal using essential ingredients, top with crispy and mellow yolk fried eggs. Some classic pairings with fried eggs include:
- Vegetables: asparagus, green bell peppers, leeks, mushrooms, onions, potatoes, scallions, spinach
- Cheese: comté, emmental, feta, gruyère, havarti, mozzarella, parmesan, roquefort, blue cheese
- Ham: Serrano, Virginia
- Herbs: chervil, chives, parsley, tarragon, thyme, dill
- Cured meat: chorizo, bacon, pancetta, sausage
- Dairy: cream, cream cheese, crème fraiche, butter
- Meat: smoked salmon, capers, caviar
- Spices: kosher salt, sea salt, black pepper, white pepper
What to have with a fried egg on toast?
Fried eggs and toast is a pretty versatile meal to enjoy for breakfast or as a midday snack. However, when pairing fried eggs on toast, be sure to add vegetables, spices and condiments that magnify the flavors without necessarily overpowering them.
Pair the egg on a toast with mushroom, spinach, caramelized sweet potatoes, bacon, avocado, pickles, or sprouts of your choice. In addition, hummus, marinated tomatoes, feta, chickpeas, basil, artichoke, and corn works well too.
- Avocado: Mash avocado with salt and pepper with drizzle of lemon juice complements beautifully with slightly runny egg yolk from an easy fried egg on top filling avocado toast. It adds additional healthy fat and protein that you are looking for.
- Sprouts: Instead of adding heavy salads or vegetables, consider adding alfalfa, broccoli, brussels, or bean sprouts of your choice. The taste is simple, airy and pair well with fried egg on toast.
- Condiments: To assemble toast and fried egg, spreading a tablespoon of mayonnaise, ketchup, or mustard on the sides of bread complements the savory, buttery and creamy flavor. As well as, it helps to hold the bacon or sausage together in every bite.
- Pickles: The briny, sour and tangy pickled onion, cucumber or olives also accompany well with fried eggs. The buttery taste of egg balances well with crisp, salty and sour flavor of pickles.
- Hummus: Rich and creamy puree of hummus is an excellent spread to add umami flavor on fried egg toast instead of using mayo, ketchup or any other condiments. Loaded with plant-based protein including vitamins and minerals, the addition will be well received.
What flavor goes well with fried eggs?
Fried eggs are often seasoned with salt and pepper before adding to any dishes. It is common to use white pepper so that the black spots don’t show up on the whites or yolk of the fried egg.
Furthermore, fried eggs serve well with chives, herbs such as parsley, roasted red pepper with condiments such as mayonnaise makes the whole meal luxurious and irresistible.
Here are classic flavor combinations that go well with fried eggs:
- fried eggs + bacon + cheese + onions
- fried eggs + cheese + mushrooms + thyme
- fried eggs + potato + sausage
- fried eggs + rice + pork + kimchi
- fried eggs + prosciutto + arugula + pizza
Eat With Fried Eggs: Conclusion
Fried eggs are easy to make, and versatile ingredient to top on other foods. They quickly go with any dinner, lunch, or breakfast items without much challenge.
For dishes that need a bit of bulk, add a fried egg to complement the texture and taste of the meal. In addition, eggs are nutritionally healthy and a good protein source.
Even with salt and pepper, fried eggs are delicious to eat. Pairings such as bacon, potatoes, vegetables, cheese, rice, spaghettis, herbs, bread, and chorizo, it makes a wholesome meal.
Consider add a fried egg with crispy edges with mellow egg yolk on top of green salads, noodles, rice dishes, pizza, hearty greens, and on toast to accomplish a full meal.
When it comes to creating simple toast with fried egg for breakfast or snack, add mashed avocado, alfalfa sprouts, mayo, ketchup, mustard, pickles, and hummus spread to make your favorite recipes to enjoy.
You can never go wrong with fried eggs, especially for a big breakfast crowd. The next time you have friends over for breakfast or brunch, you know what to eat with fried eggs!