Nutty with tons of crunchy crumbs, everything bagels are supremely flavorful due to sesame seeds, poppy seeds, black sesame seeds, dried onion, garlic and salt.
Everything bagels are both sweet and savory, which makes them one of most popular flavor meals for breakfast compared to plain bagels. Typically served with cream cheese, but there are more fun options for this type of bread.
What to eat with everything bagels? Everything bagels can be served with various spreads other than cream cheese. Enhance the flavor on everything bagels with smears including garlic herb, hummus, peanut butter, flavored cream cheese with cilantro and avocado, butter, and jelly.
Many eat bagels as a side dish. From traditional toppings to modern combinations, here are the sweetest everything bagel combos for breakfast, lunch, or supper.
This article reveals some of the spread ideas to ditch cream cheese, and flavor combination to upgrade your standard everything bagel routine.
What goes good with everything bagel?
From breakfast to snack, everything bagels can be served simply with cream cheese, butter, or with smoked salmon for a fancy upgrade. This flavorful everything bagel sandwich is a fulfilling and delicious way to replace your old sandwich recipe.
If you are looking for fun toppings or spread ideas, use the below list of ingredients for ingredients that goes well with everything bagels:
- Fruits: peaches, coconut, kiwi, blueberries, strawberries
- Vegetables: tomato, avocado, lettuce, red onion, arugula, cucumber, bell pepper
- Herbs: garlic, dill, basil, rosemary
- Spices: smoked paprika, cinnamon
- Nuts: pecans, cashews, walnuts, almonds, peanuts
- Cheese: cheddar, parmesan, cream cheese
- Dairy: sour cream, milk
- Seeds: poppy, sesame, hemp, flax, chia
- Condiments: sea salt, brown sugar, olive oil
- Beverage: coffee, tea, Bloody Mary, wine
- Meats: eggs, roast beef, ground beef, chicken breast, ham, bacon, turkey, steak
What spread goes with an everything bagel?
Plain cream cheese pairs perfectly with an everything bagel. The creamy and smooth spread melts in your mouth on every bite.
Regardless, toppings to fill in the blanks in this bagel flavor include herb and garlic cream cheese is the next popular spread. It combines the earthy herbs with hint of garlic that complements well with a salty and savory bagel seasoning.
What do you put on an everything bagel?
Everything bagel is versatile bread with an extra crunch outside. Therefore, sweet or savory flavors are well accompanied with this bagel.
Whether using cream cheese or not, here are what to put on an everything bagel to make nutritious and exciting breakfast idea.
- peanut butter and jelly
- feta cheese and beets
- smoked salmon and capers
- avocado and poached egg
- bacon, egg, and cheese
- ham and cheddar
- tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni slices
- tuna salad
- greek yogurt and fruit
- turkey and swiss cheese
- mozzarella, pesto and tomato
- egg salad
What flavors go well with everything bagel?
Everything bagels have a savory taste, so it is better to pair them with delectable foods than sweet ones.
Everything bagels go well with pesto cream cheese, avocado, roasted garlic, and caprese salad.
But it can also make a perfect combination with herbs such as basil, dill, parsley and rosemary and garlic cream cheese.
Here are classic flavor combination that go well with everything bagel:
- everything bagel + cream cheese + avocado
- everything bagel + cream cheese + bacon + tomato + black pepper
- everything bagel + smoked salmon + cream cheese + lemon + dill + red onions + capers
- everything bagel + hummus + tomato + cucumbers + carrots
- everything bagel + basil + mozzarella + tomatoes
Eat with Everything Bagel: Conclusion
For bagels lovers, please don’t eat them plain. The only thing better than an everything bagel is topping it with something tasty.
Other than classic plain cream cheese, everything bagels go well with hummus, peanut butter, Nutella, butter, and marmalade. Furthermore, cream cheese can be flavored with garlic, herbs, mashed avocado, and fresh cilantro to add deep flavor to the bagel.
This bagel has mild flavor with extra crunch to make it a perfect sandwich bun. Try with bacon, egg, cheese, ham, tuna and egg salad, turkey deli meat, and pastrami.
Whether cream cheese or peanut butter, the list is endless. The next time you have extra everything bagels to spare, you know what to serve them with.