Round and flat yeast-leavened bread, english muffins have butteriness with a slight tangy aftertaste. In addition, the large air pockets and chewy texture are synonymous with the hockey puck shaped bread.
The bland taste of this bread opens the door to endless options for sweet or savory dishes to eat during breakfast or lunch. Start by slicing it in half and toasting each side to get a light crunch on the outside with a slight chewiness and tender crumb to center your meal around.
What to eat with english muffins? Typically served for breakfast, english muffins are perfect for eggs Benedict, breakfast sandwich, or simply add on slices of banana and peanut butter to start the morning with a cup of coffee.
There are a variety of ingredients that pair well with english muffins including fruits, vegetables, nuts or nut butter, seeds, spices, and cheese.
Toasted english muffin is an easy way to begin the day and is often an overlooked breakfast staple. Furthermore, it is an ideal foundation for lunch meals, making it more than just a breakfast bread.
If you are tired of buttered english muffin with a coffee for breakfast, this article answers frequently asked questions about what to pair with english muffins. Read on to learn more about items to serve with english muffins.
What goes well with an english muffin?
English muffins are delicious, but only a few things are required for the complete experience. Not all foods pair well with this low calorie bread.
Here are chef’s preferred ingredients that go well with english muffins:
- Fruits: strawberries, apricots, cherries, blueberries, blackberries, peaches, kiwi, banana, raisins, lime
- Vegetables: spinach, sprouts, avocado, broccoli, mushroom, green peas, zucchini, bell peppers
- Nuts: peanuts, walnuts
- Seeds: chia seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds
- Spices: cinnamon
- Condiments: honey, vanilla, maple syrup, vanilla, peanut butter, jam
- Cheese: mascarpone, cream cheese, parmesan, monterey jack, mozzarella, cottage cheese, goat cheese
- Meat: ground beef, roast beef hash, bacon, smoked salmon
What is good to put on an english muffin?
When topped with cooperative flavors, english muffins can become a sweet or savory dish for an easy breakfast or lunch.
Whether it is a meal or quick snack, there are specific tasty things to put on english muffins for optimal food pairing:
- raspberry jam and cream cheese
- goat cheese and pears
- cream cheese and berries
- banana, ricotta cheese, and honey
- mashed avocado and egg
- hummus and sliced cucumber
- tuna melt
- almond butter and dried fruits
- egg and cheese
Depend on the ingredients you choose, these toppings accomplish sweet and savory flavor that you will find desirable. These pairing are yummy and healthy options to put on toasted english muffins at any time of day.
What flavor goes well with english muffins?
English muffins are best toasted, and served with either sweet and savory flavors. Thanks to the ingredients, english muffins can soak up a smear of peanut butter, dollop of jam, and pad of soft butter.
Other than these traditional condiments, there are many ways to upgrade the flavor with classic combinations:
- english muffins + breakfast sausage + cheese + egg
- english muffins + maple syrup + vanilla + sugar + berries
- english muffins + peanut butter + banana + cinnamon
- english muffins + hollandaise sauce + bacon + egg
- english muffins + strawberry + cream cheese + graham crackers + honey
Eat With English Muffin: Conclusion
English muffins have, with good reason, been a longtime favorite for breakfast. Whether it is served with simple butter and jam or stacked into a sandwich, they make a delicious everyday go-to for many people.
The tangy and chewy bread is versatile, and also easy to pair with other foods and beverages.
It is recommended to toast the bread before serving with garnishes like fruits, vegetables, nut butter, or cheese. Therefore, you can create wonderful sweet or savory dish that satisfies your craving.
English muffins don’t necessarily have to make a complex meal. Make it fancy by simply spreading berry jam and cream cheese, mashed avocado and egg, hummus with cucumber, tuna salad, almond butter with banana, or goat cheese with sliced pears.
If you are looking for more ideas to eat with an english muffin, use these food pairings for a quick snack to save time and quench your craving.