Crispy on the outside and juicy inside, chicken nuggets are perfect as an appetizer, side dish and quick snack. Because they are so tasty, the challenge is deciding what to serve with chicken nuggets.
They are fast food product that consists of deboned chicken pieces that are breaded and battered to be either be baked or deep-fried. This meal is highly delicious, however it must be paired with the right sauce or sides to complete the meal.
What to eat with chicken nuggets? The most popular side to add to chicken nuggets are dipping sauce such as honey mustard, ketchup, barbecue sauce, and mayonnaise. Depending on personal preference, you can select, sweet, spicy or creamy flavors.
But if you are looking for a fulfilling meal, consider french fries or sweet potato fries, mac and cheese, chili, pasta salad, bread, caesar salad, or coleslaw. Not only sides or sauce to dip in, chicken nuggets are more complete when served on a salad or in a wrap.
Chicken nuggets are generally made from boneless white-meat chicken, which are cut from the chicken breast, tenderloins, and rib part of the chicken. Whether you are on a diet or looking for a nutritious and balanced meal, chicken nuggets will become perfect entrée to serve with a variety of sides.
In this article, we will handle frequently asked questions regarding what to serve with chicken nuggets. Stick around to learn more!
What sauce to eat with chicken nuggets?
There are tons of dipping sauces that pair well with chicken nuggets for a mouthwatering and undeniably tasty meal.
Sauces are a signature ingredient to pair with chicken nuggets. Creamy, sweet and sour sauces seem to be the most successful companions.
Here are chef approved dipping sauces to eat with chicken nuggets:
- honey mustard
- hot sauce
- garlic aioli
- sweet and sour
- blue cheese
What goes well with breaded chicken?
Breaded chicken has crispy and juicy crust surrounding the tender meat. Make the meal more complete by serving with variety of sides including vegetables, bread, pasta, salads and legumes.
Here are classic sides that go well with breaded chicken:
- Vegetables: squash casserole, baked and mashed potatoes, potato salad, green beans, coleslaw, fried okra, corn on the cob, collard greens, sautéed zucchini, tomato salad
- Bread: biscuits, cornbread
- Legumes: baked beans, black-eyed pea salad, fresh peas
- Pasta: marinara, alfredo, mac n’ cheese
- Salad: chopped, antipasto, green salad, ceasar
Do nuggets and pasta go well together?
Yes, chicken nuggets and pasta do go well. In fact, chicken nuggets go well with different types of pasta and sauces because they offer a protein source to a carb heavy meal.
Either tomato sauce or creamy cheese based spaghetti makes a delicious side dish for the meal when served with the nuggets.
Zucchini pasta, for instance, forms the perfect duo with chicken nuggets, especially as a healthier vegetable option.
Chicken parmesan bake is also a very versatile way to eat pasta with fried chicken. In this meal, the fried chicken is topped with marinara and mozzarella to add flavor.
Some of the good pairing pasta that taste good with nuggets are:
- chicken nuggets + parmesan pasta
- chicken nuggets + Alfredo pasta
- chicken nuggets + mac n’ cheese
- chicken nuggets + pesto pasta
- chicken nuggets + creamy garlic pasta
What to serve with chicken nuggets for adults?
When it comes to serving chicken nuggets as a protein source, it requires side dishes to prepare a balanced meal with chicken nuggets for adults. Stick with classic sides for healthy dinner including roasted or sautéed veggies, and a side salad.
- Salad: Fresh greens and chopped vegetables is the healthiest adult friendly option to pair with chicken nuggets. Tomatoes, radishes, cucumber, carrots, red onion, and a sprinkle of cheese are all you need for a healthy salad.
- Veggies: Veggies make a difference in a meal of chicken nuggets. Chicken nuggets can be paired with asparagus, mushrooms or whatever veggies you have around the house. Serve raw or roasted, either way your body will thank you for some veggies after eating the breaded chicken nuggets.
- Coleslaw: There is a time and place for prepared salads like coleslaw. This can be mayo based or mixed with a sesame ginger vinaigrette for an Asian inspired twist.
- Baked potato: Having a perfect dish to serve with chicken nuggets makes an incredible difference in this meal. For adults, serve the nuggets with a loaded baked potato with cheddar and green onions to add more flavor.
- Roasted sweet potato: Sweet potatoes make the meal not only delicious but more nutritious. They can be cut into thin pieces and baked to add crunchiness.
- Baked beans: Adding baked beans to chicken nuggets makes an excellent idea for a complete meal. A fried egg and honey butter cornbread can be added to make the sides extra appealing and delicious.
What to serve with chicken nuggets for toddlers?
Satisfying a toddler’s taste with chicken nuggets can be challenging due to still developing taste buds. Consider adding hint of sweetness to the sides so that the child finds them appealing.
When serving chicken nuggets to toddlers, here are side options you can try:
- raw veggie sticks, especially carrots, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and celery
- cinnamon apples
- fruit salad
- sweet potato fries
- fried zucchini
- tater tots
Serving baked potato fries with honey sauce makes the meal inviting for children. If a kid is not a fan of veggies adding them to chicken nuggets will get your kid asking for more.
Eat With Chicken Nuggets: Conclusion
Chicken nuggets can be eaten at any time of the day because they taste delicious, are easy to prepare and can be consumed by both adults and toddlers. However, pairing it with different sides makes the dish a more compete meal.
Chicken nuggets are typically served with a variety of dipping sauces including ketchup, honey mustard, creamy ranch, and barbecue sauce.
Classic sides that taste good with chicken nuggets are veggies, fries, pasta, salad, bread, baked beans, and coleslaw. For lunch and dinner, add a side of coleslaw, biscuit or cornbread, or even roasted vegetables for a wholesome and balance meal.