A bit nutty and salty taste, cashew cheese just like other nut based cheese is a dairy-free with a savory taste. The presence of nutritional yeast causes it to have a tart flavor that gives it a heavenly creamy taste and pungent funky aroma.
What to eat with cashew cheese? Cashew cheese can be prepare with diverse flavor from sweet, spicy, salty, and more. From pizza to pasta sauce, it is a non-dairy cheese alternative that can replace mammal milk cheese without compromising on taste.
With cashew cheese, you can make sauce to drizzle over steamed broccoli, vegan friendly fettuccine alfredo, mac and cheese, and dipping sauce for veggies for healthy snack.
The creaminess of cashew cheese gives the preferred amount of thickness to sauces, melts well while added in pasta, accents salad dressing, cream toppings, and can even serve as an icing on cakes.
Cashew cheese has 37% more calories compared to cheddar cheese. Ironically, it is heavier in protein, lighter in carbs and loaded in healthy fats.
Not only nutritional benefits, cultured cashew cheese tastes most like dairy cheese as it develops a funky tang. From herbs to nuts and dried fruits, cashew cheese blends well with other foods just like soft and mild flavored dairy cheese.
So, if you are curious what eat with cashew cheese, this article is for you. Answered below are frequently asked questions about paring cashew cheese with other foods, and what combinations work best together.
What flavor goes well with cashew cheese?
Cashew cheese has a slight nutty taste with imitation cheesiness coming from the nutritional yeast. Additionally, this type of cheese has beautiful consistency that spreads well similar to hummus or ricotta.
As a result, cashew cheese goes well with sweet, spicy, smokey, salty, creamy, and sour flavors.
- Sweet and spicy: Spicy tomato jam has a slightly peppery and sweet taste. Cashew cheese is salty, while the tomatoes give the sweetness that combines perfectly to bring out the rich taste, commonly used in burgers, fries, toasty french bread, and vegetable sandwiches.
- Sour and salty: Lemons are acidic, thus giving out the sharp taste and maintaining the cheese’s freshness, while the cashew contains the natural savory cheese flavor.
- Creamy and smoky: Smoked paprika evokes the fiery feeling in the mouth that accompanies the creaminess of the cashew cheese. These include steamed broccolini, soy-glazed tempeh, and pillowy gnocchi.
- Sweet and salty: Pairing fruits with cashew cheese leads to a salty-sweet taste. Fruits such as strawberries, blueberries, and apricots have a high amount of sugars that compliment the saltiness to bring out a delicious contrast.
What does cashew cheese go well with snacks?
Vegan cashew cheese is typically a healthy snack option from dipping sauce or to spread on crackers.
Here are some more snack ideas that taste good with cashew cheese for you to try:
- cheese ball bites
- tortilla chips
What is good to eat with cashew cheese?
Cashew cheese is full of vitamin B, magnesium, calcium, vitamin E, and is an excellent source of protein and fiber for vegans and vegetarians alike. Compared to standard cheese, it is much richer in vitamins and minerals.
Adding nutritional yeast not only makes the cashew cheese taste cheesy, but also increases vitamin B, selenium, and potassium.
In order to enjoy cashew cheese to the fullest, combine with these favorites for a great taste:
- Vegetable salads topped with cashew cheese have a bitter-sweet flavor that stimulates appetite and retains the freshness of the ingredients.
- Spinach wraps are quick and simple to make since they require few ingredients whose flavor is not altered when heated.
- White and red wine paired with the cashew cheese produce the irresistible results with sweet and sour flavors that bring out the glorious taste. The best wine selection to pair with cashew cheese are Pinot noir, Riesling, and Chardonnay.
- Mac and cheese with cashew cheese or raw cashews with additional herbs can make the taste similar to original dairy-based mac and cheese.
Eat With Cashew Cheese: Conclusion
Cashew cheese is smooth, creamy and rich in flavor, no wonder it is everybody’s favorite. Not only because it’s easy to prepare, but it’s also sumptuous, and it can be paired with a variety of foods.
That aside, it pairs well with fruits, snacks, herbs, meats, and many more. It not only improves the taste of meats, but its texture and mouthfeel as well.
Due to its mild flavor, it blends well with sweet, spicy, sour, salty, creamy, smokey, and salty. Depending on what is added to cashew cheese itself or as ingredient, the complete meal tastes totally different.
From cheese ball bites to dipping sauce for veggies, cashew cheese can be a tasty and healthy snack idea that can either be served post-workout or as an appetizer for a party.
If you are looking for delicious way to eat a meal with cashew cheese, add in salads, wraps, or with wine, and use these flavor combination to enjoy every single bite.