Mild flavor mixed with variety of seasonings and spices such as fennel, sage, rosemary, thyme, garlic, and smoked paprika, breakfast sausage packed a punch with savory spices with a hint of deep flavor that is completely different than regular sausages.
Instead of salty and crispy bacon, breakfast sausage offers so much flavor that can enrich your meal even more when paired with delicious sides.
What do you eat with breakfast sausage? Breakfast sausage is typically served with eggs, rice, and potatoes to complete a fulfilling meal. Furthermore, it can make a great sandwich, casserole, fried rice, pasta, burrito, muffin, skillet, grits, quiche, hash, and taco.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and many of us agree. But let’s forget bacon for a minute and prepare to start the day with breakfast sausage that adds signature flavor and keep you feeling full for longer.
Breakfast sausages are versatile and can be paired with many dish. Don’t know what to pair with breakfast sausages? Then, this article is for you!
Is it healthy to eat breakfast sausage?
Absolutely, it is healthy to eat breakfast sausage. Besides being tasty and convenient, breakfast sausages offer increased nutritional value.
Breakfast sausages have high levels of vitamin B-12 and iron which helps to metabolize both fats and protein. However, when too much is consumed, it can increase risk for high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, and heart disease.
Therefore, consume breakfast sausage accompanied with vegetables, eggs, and other healthy sides to make a wholesome meal.
What goes with sausages for breakfast?
When preparing breakfast with sausage, simple eggs and slices of toast are not the only sides to serve. So, what goes well with breakfast sausages?
Here are some classic pairings for you to try with breakfast sausage:
- Biscuits and gravy: Known as comfort breakfast food, combination of sausage mixed into creamy gravy makes a filling and flavorful topping for fresh baked biscuits.
- Casserole: Add broccoli, bell pepper, cheese, whipped eggs, and breakfast sausage in a pan to bake to make quick and easy breakfast casserole.
- Breakfast burritos: Simply wrap warm tortillas with breakfast sausages, scrambled egg, beans, salsa, guacamole, and cheddar cheese to make on-the-go meal.
- Breakfast sandwich: Layer sausage patty, fried egg, and hash browns between the English muffin or biscuits to serve as amazing breakfast sandwich.
- Flatbread: Toss sliced breakfast sausage, sunny side up eggs, and chives to create a delicious breakfast pizza.
- Eggs Benedict: With hollandaise sauce and poached eggs, simply add stir-fried breakfast sausage for extra protein in the dish.
What flavor goes well with breakfast sausage?
When it comes to breakfast sandwiches, go for flavors that strike a balance with the meat itself. Savory, sweet, earthy, and bitter flavors pair perfectly with breakfast sausages.
Here are classic flavor combinations that chef’s use with breakfast sausage:
- breakfast sausage + hash browns + cottage cheese + eggs
- breakfast sausage + scrambled eggs + English muffins + cheese + butter + maple syrup
- breakfast sausage + gravy + biscuits + milk + black pepper
- breakfast sausage + omelet + toast + ketchup
- breakfast sausage + spinach + bell pepper + broccolini + olive oil
Eat With Breakfast Sausage: Conclusion
Breakfast sausages are temptingly delicious and a heavenly breakfast item to start the day with. They are a source of wholesome nutrition and will keep you fuller for longer.
The flavorful breakfast essential are versatile and easy to pair with other food items. Serve with egg dishes, rice, potato to make a classic breakfast.
But with this type of sausage, you can transform into sandwich, casserole, fried rice, pasta, burritos, muffins, skillet, grits, quiche, hash, and tacos.
Both bacon and breakfast sausages are full flavored and nutritious options to serve in the morning. However, prevent from excessive consumption as it can increase blood pressure and cholesterol, and consume in moderation with wholesome vegetables for a crucial balance.
When accompanying sausage for breakfast, add a side of biscuits and gravy, burritos, sandwich, flatbread, naan, or eggs Benedict to enjoy various ways or preparation. Pairing breakfast sausages with the foods listed above will with no doubt transform your breakfast from simple to superb!