From sweets to savory, breakfast includes all flavors and textures to start the day more exciting compared to other meals throughout the day. As a result, breakfast is one of the most fun meals of the day.
Waking up to a wholesome morning meal improves concentration and boosts energy levels. Breakfast gives you a chance to begin with a healthy meal, however the numerous choices available make it intimidating to figure out what to eat.
What to eat for breakfast? Consider selecting a breakfast menu containing ingredients that are fulfilling, nutritious and protein packed to start the day. Breakfast foods like eggs, yogurt, oatmeal, chia seeds, berries, cheese, toast, nuts, fruits, and smoothies are wholesome and hearty items to get the day started on the right foot.
If you are looking for a breakfast that gives you energy, oatmeal, nut butter, eggs, greek yogurt, fruit, berries, and seeds is the perfect combo. These breakfast foods help body to metabolize to release the energy without refined sugar or caffeine.
When consuming fruits in the morning, stick with high fiber fruits such as watermelon, papaya, guava, mango, pomegranate, and banana. Try to avoid eating citrus on an empty stomach because the high levels of acidity affect some people.
Healthy foods provide lasting energy that keeps a person feeling full for many hours. Other than coffee, having a variety of drinks to serve with breakfast is quite helpful.
Breakfast foods that are high in fiber, protein, and micronutrients provide a number of benefits to starting the day in the right direction. This article will help you find healthy breakfast foods to start each and every day.
Is toast a healthy breakfast?
Yes, toast for breakfast is a healthy option when the right ingredients are used. As a result, it all depends on the bread and toppings selected.
Additionally, top with healthy fat and protein foods like avocado or natural peanut butter are excellent options.
Toast is typically low in protein, fat and nutrients, so adding other ingredients is required to make it a healthy breakfast. Try hummus, fresh fruits and vegetables instead of peanut butter and jam.
What are 10 good breakfast foods?
Bagel and donuts are not the only breakfast foods, and nowadays there are plenty of healthy options to eliminate sugar and maintain a balanced diet routine.
Here is top ten breakfast foods that will inspire you to try something new:
- Bacon: A savory and salty flavor that everyone has a craving for. Try adding to a wrap, sandwich, or even eaten with are breakfast staples.
- Breakfast sausage: Thanks to its spicy and smoky flavor profile, breakfast sausages are a popular morning meal option. Most people prefer to eat them incorporated into a cheese and egg sandwich, or as a side. As a result, sausages are versatile to be added pretty much with any breakfast dish.
- Cereal: Nothing looks more enchanting than sightseeing the cereal aisle at the supermarket. With the different flavor varieties, there’s something for everyone. On a busy morning, cereal is the quickest breakfast option. Just add milk, and the cereal is ready to enjoy!
- French toast: French toast is quite flavorful and fulfilling, making it a favorite for many. It is generally served with dipping sauce and hot beverage like tea or coffee.
- Pancakes: Pancakes are a popular breakfast food that is a filling and sumptuous treat. To give the pancakes a desirable taste, add any of your favorite ingredients such as maple syrup, blueberries, chocolate chips, and walnuts.
- Hash browns: Never go wrong with a hearty serving of tender and crispy potatoes. They are a pretty easy-to-make breakfast side dish to accompany with protein packed items.
- Toast: Avocado toast is the most preferred since it’s delicious and full of antioxidants and nutrients. Top the toast with vegetables and a personal favorite seasoning to keep the flavors interesting and wholesome, there is no need to always cover with sugary jams or jellies.
- Breakfast sandwich: A breakfast sandwich is pretty easy and quick to whip together with a few minutes of effort. Use a bagel, croissant or sliced bread to pile high with your favorite cheeses, meats, and veggies to make it more flavorful.
- Fruits: Slices of banana are not the only filling breakfast fruits available. Stone fruits and berries are classics to top with granola and serve on yogurt.
- Eggs: From scrambled to fried, over easy and hard boiled, there are several ways to prepare eggs. However you choose to have them, they’ll be pretty sumptuous.
Best breakfast foods
The best foods to have for breakfast are high in fiber, healthy fats, proteins, minerals, and vitamins. Whether you eat oatmeal or egg dishes, consider these ingredients that go well with a variety of breakfast foods:
- Meats: eggs, bacon, breakfast sausage
- Dairy: greek yogurt
- Grains: oatmeal
- Seeds: chia, flax seed
- Cheese: cottage cheese, mozzarella
- Fruits: berries, banana, apple
- Baked goods: toast, pancakes, waffles, muffins
- Drinks: coffee, green tea, protein shakes
What flavor goes well for breakfast?
Depending on the prepared breakfast, different flavors can be used to bring out a unique and delicious taste in the meal.
Here are classic flavor combination to try for breakfast:
- avocado + toast + arugula + eggs + everything bagel seasoning
- greek yogurt + granola + berries
- omelet + Mexican-style cheese + salsa
- english muffin + almond butter + raspberries
- oatmeal + milk + nuts + dried fruits
- sweet potato + nut butter + apple
Breakfast Foods: Conclusion
Breakfast is an intimate and personal meal. It’s the only meal we have 90 percent of the time at home, free from the judgment of the ostentatious couple at the next table over when out to eat.
However, it is important to plan the meal with protein, fat, and nutrients such as eggs, yogurt, oatmeal, seeds, berries, fruits, cheese, nuts, and smoothies.
Stick with ingredients that help to boost energy like oatmeal, nut butter, and seeds to avoid high sugar contents of packaged and processed foods.
Consuming citrus based fruits on an empty stomach may cause upset stomach and digestive issues. Best fruits to eat in the morning are watermelon, papayas, guavas, mangoes, pomegranates, and bananas because they are high in fiber.
Try different options and combinations to discover breakfast food options that sit well with you. Breakfast is touted as an important meal because it is served in the morning and is often the primary driver of food based decisions made during the rest of the day.