Buttery, sour, salty, and spicy, guacamole is mashed raw avocados mixed with tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and lime juice to complete delicious and exciting blend of flavor.
It is a fun dish to serve with chips or as avocado toast for a healthy breakfast option. However, pairing drinks with guac other than margaritas is questionable.
What to drink with guacamole? Guacamole pairs wonderfully with beer and wine. Whether a spoonful is served in Mexican dish or served as appetizer with chips and salsa, there are great beverage to pair with other than margarita.
Wines that go well with guacamole are Champagne, unoaked Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Riesling, Rose, Sauvignon Blanc, and Sparkling wine.
Any beer with bitterness from hops pairs well with mashed avocados, especially a pilsner. Other beer options to try with guacamole are Witbier, saison, triples, and IPA.
For nonalcoholic options, consider lemonade, aqua frescas or sodas like coke, fresca and sprite.
Avocado has a racy reputation, thanks to its extra creamy flesh. These beverage selections accentuate any smooth and earthy flavor in the dish.
Wondering what drink goes with guacamole? This post answers frequently asked questions to give you some options to try.
What are some nonalcoholic drinks that go with guac?
Guacamole is a favorite food for many, and sometimes you are looking for a nonalcoholic beverage to enjoy alongside.
Here are a couple options for you to consider:
- agua frescas
- diet coke
- mineral water
What beer goes with guacamole?
Beer and guacamole are inseparable as a perfect match. The refreshing and sparkling feature of beer complements the smooth and creamy taste of guacamole.
For an unbeatable culinary experience, pair guacamole with:
- Hoppy American Pale Ale: This beer contains citrus notes that complement well with fresh guacamole.
- Kolsch: A light beer like Captain Lawrence’s is an ideal choice because it is floral enough to make guacamole taste great.
- Imperial Double IPA: The carbonation of this beer will cut through the rich fat of guacamole, making it a delightful mouth experience.
- Belgian-style beers: These include saison, witbier, or tripels. The good thing about these beers is that they are flavored with citrus peel that pairs well with guacamole.
What wine goes best with guacamole?
When serving guacamole, wine seems unheard of, but this does not mean it is impossible. Simply require specific red or white wine selections for the ultimate flavor profile.
For wine, guacamole pairs perfectly with:
- Sauvignon blanc: This is one of the classic white wines that goes well with guacamole. A bite of spicy guacamole followed by a sip of sauvignon wine will balance the taste and bring the flavors deserved.
- Riesling: Known as a versatile selection that can pair well with guacamole. Riesling is food-friendly, offering dishes with a modest amount of sweetness. The spice elements and flavors of this wine pronounce the sweetness of guacamole more.
- Rose: Try these two when winter falls. Rose wines have lively flavors that make a delicious pairing for guacamole. Whip a batch of fresh guacamole, pour a glass of pink wine, and enjoy.
- Sparkling wine: Sparkling wine is tasty and refreshes the palate bite after bite thanks to its taste of pear fruit and a touch of sweetness.
- Grüner Veltliner: Set a plate of guac, add red pepper, and serve with sliced cucumbers. This guac is delightful and made for a crisp lulo Gruner veltliner wine. The freshness of this white wine will deliver a nice balance on the palate.
- Chardonnay: Clear white wine, Chardonnay is an excellent option to pair with guacamole. However, do go with an unoaked New World Chardonnay to balance the ripe avocado flavor and bring out the complex taste.
- Pinot Grigio: Pinot Grigio has lots of bright fruity notes dues to natural tendency to pair with citrus juice. Therefore, this wine is a perfect light and fun pairing with guacamole and chips as an appetizer.
What wine goes with chips and guacamole?
When serving chips, salsa, and guacamole as starter, a nice glass of wine is a fantastic complement.
Besides wine, margarita and guacamole are the most classic match. Spiking guacamole with margarita adds a layer of extra flavor and mixes deliciously with the fresh lime.
Thinking outside of the box, chips and guacamole is a perfect combo that goes well with light, aromatic white wine like Chenin blanc. It has notes of honey that make the dish tasteful.
Also, try unoaked Chardonnay. It’s classy, light, and perfectly complements the buttery texture and flavor of guacamole.
Drinks with Guac: Conclusion
Other than margarita, red or white wine, beers, and guacamole make for a smashing good time. The fruity and sparkling features of these drinks complement well with the buttery, sour, salty, and spiciness of guacamole.
Try guacamole with Champagne, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Riesling, Rose, Sauvignon Blanc, and sparkling wine. These are fun wine options to bring out the complex flavor of guacamole instead of being overpowering.
When it comes to beer choices, choose one that has bold bitterness from hops such as pilsner, witbier, saison, triples, and IPAs.
Guacamole can be added as a topping for salad, side dish, or appetizer with chips and salsa. When served with chips, try Chenin blanc or Chardonnay to get the party started.
Keeping it low-key with nonalcoholic beverages also works well. Stick to classics like aqua frescas, coke, fresca or lemonade.
Looking for an excellent way to wow guests with guacamole? These simple drink options are guaranteed to rock guacamole in the best way possible.