Among the classic pairings with garlic bread, soups are a favorite go-to meal that you can’t go wrong with. It is known for comfort food that actually goes better than spaghetti.
Finding the excellent bread and soup combo can be a daunting process with the many varieties of bread and soup to choose from. From meat broth to vegetable ingredients, there are many things to consider for the perfect combination.
What soup goes well with garlic bread? Garlic bread is commonly paired with tomato-based soups, but it is equally served with creamy or clear broth soups as well.
Other than tomato soup, garlic bread pairs wonderfully with chicken soup, onion soup, split pea soup, mushroom, cream, potato, and bean soups.
With garlic bread, the list of classic soup pairings is endless. The seasoned bread is versatile by itself, and has piquant flavors with crispy texture that all soups require to be complete. In this article, we go into depth on what soups to pair with garlic bread.
Does soup taste good with garlic bread?
Yes, garlic bread tastes good with almost any soup. As a matter of fact, it is a classic accompaniment to almost all soups and stews.
Imagine the robust, spicy flavor and soft texture of garlic bread paired with a bowl of hot and creamy soup.
Garlic bread is mainly paired with tomato-based soups, but it can also be appropriately served with beef, chicken, beans, vegetables, seafood stews, or soups. In addition, it can be an excellent appetizer when prepared as a first or second course.
What flavor soup pairs well with garlic bread?
Tomato-based soups are a perfect pair for garlic bread. Furthermore, turmeric, ground ginger, garlic powder, ground paprika, and nutmeg give the soup a touch of color and spiciness, and herbs are often included in the soup toward the end of cooking.
Here are classic soups flavor combinations that pair well with garlic bread:
- tomatoes + celery seeds + heavy cream + red pepper + olive oil
- beef stock + bay leaves + red wine + gruyere cheese
- mushroom + sour cream + white wine + butter + broth
- potatoes + chicken broth + sour cream + bacon + heavy cream
- beans + celery + bay leaf + ham bone + olive oil + rosemary + tomato passata
Some classic soup pairings that can accompany garlic bread include tomato, French onion, mushroom, potato, and bean soups. For a hearty combination to enjoy during dinner, creamy soups with heavy cream blended with chicken or beef stock offer a luxurious silky character.
Which soup goes well with garlic bread?
Garlic bread is known to blend perfectly with tomato-based soups. However, there’s more to garlic bread than rich tomato soups.
Some classic soups to pair with garlic bread include:
- Tomato soup: Tomato soup has fresh chunky tomatoes as the primary ingredient giving a spectacular color that is very tasty with sweet and tangy flavor. It can be used as a multipurpose soup during lunch and dinner when served with toasted garlic bread.
- Mushroom soup: Generally, mushroom soups are in the form of a creamy consistency with beef or chicken broth and heavy cream. Rich and creamy mushroom soups work best with crunchy garlic bread, so consider toasting well before serving.
- Potato soup: This soup has a unique but excellent taste with an addition of multiple spices and herbs to give additional flavor, aroma, and intensity to the soup. Loaded with bacon and chunks or pureed potatoes, it can be prepared with or without heavy cream so that every dip with garlic bread makes a wonderful pairing.
- Chicken soup: Known as a comforting soup that gives an explosion of flavorful results with carrots, celery, chicken pieces, and herbs such as bay leaf, basil, dill, and rosemary. These herbs and vegetables complement wonderfully with garlic bread and chicken.
- French onion soup: Prepared with beef stock and caramelized onions, French onion soups are cozy and comforting dish served all year round. Hint of thyme and sage, this soup has both sweetness from onions and cheesy taste from melted gruyere cheese on top. Simply cube garlic bread or dip in the soup to enjoy.
- Split pea soup: Hearty split pea soup is loaded with amazing flavor from ham bones to carrots, potatoes, onions, and either marjoram or oregano. It is slightly different creamy texture than mushroom soup, and often consumed with garlic bread on the side.
- Bean soup: Made with water, beans, meat fat, salt and pepper, bean soups are simply one of the most nutritious soup out of all. From cannelloni to kidney beans, serve a variety of beans to your liking and pair with garlic bread for dipping.
Soup and Garlic Bread: Conclusion
Garlic bread and soup are a match made in heaven. It is tasty, mouthwatering, and comforting for all.
This type of bread is a unique and classic accompaniment to most stews and soups, especially when served along with beef, chicken, bacon or seafood.
Whether it is homemade or store-bought, garlic bread is crispy on the outside, and fluffy and soft inside, which can be prepared according to personal preference.
In classic cuisine, garlic bread is served with tomato-based soup. However, they pair excellent with creamy, cheesy or clear broth soups as well.
If you are looking for tasty soups to pair with garlic bread, try chicken soup, French onion, split pea, mushroom, cream, potato, and bean soups. These soups are easy to prepare and pairs well with garlic bread every time.