Nutty and earthy with just the right amount of sweetness and smoothness, peanut butter is essential to every household and widely served as breakfast, lunch, desserts, and baked goods.
Peanut butter is sweet, decadent, and insanely dreamy. A spoonful of peanut butter is a versatile snack, especially when spread on crackers that take your tastebuds to a new level of deliciousness.
What crackers are good with peanut butter? Peanut butter pairs wonderfully with Ritz crackers, pretzel, saltines, graham crackers, whole grain, and lance crackers.
Whether it is sweetened, unsweetened, or has peanut chunks, consider crackers with mild flavor that are lightly salted when deciding which crackers to serve with peanut butter. The right amount of sweetness and saltiness of the crackers will determine the peanut butter kind.
Out of all nut butters, the combination of peanut butter and crackers provides essential carbs for energy while it lends protein and fat for wholesome balance. Additionally, these two are easy and quick to prepare with no cooking required.
Figuring out what crackers that pair well with peanut butter? Keep scrolling down to find the answers to frequently asked questions about peanut butter and crackers.
Do crackers go well with peanut butter?
Yes, crackers and peanut butter go well. In fact, pairing peanut butter and crackers is a wonderful explosion of flavors with substantial nutritional value.
This is especially true when you are getting bored with the classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Make things more interesting and exciting by varying the choice of toppings for a simultaneously addictive snack idea.
Are crackers and peanut butter a healthy snack?
Yes, crackers and peanut butter are a healthy snack combination. A few crackers with peanut butter won’t alter your weight, and they are easily included in a healthy diet and lifestyle.
Be aware that peanut butter, especially when sweetened, is a calorie rich food when served with crackers. Therefore, the combination needs to be enjoyed in moderation.
Are saltine crackers with peanut butter healthy?
Yes, saltine crackers with peanut butter are healthy. Saltine crackers are known for their saltiness, crispness, and dry texture.
The peanut butter is fat and nutrient dense, but the crackers don’t deliver a lot of calories. So, they can be included in a healthful diet and lifestyle when consumed in moderation.
Look for no salt peanut butter when serving with saltine crackers to keep the sodium content under control.
What are the best crackers for peanut butter?
Peanut butter spread on crackers is a pure blast. A little bit sweet and a little bit salty, the combinations makes a great snack.
For the meal to be extra special, throw some chocolate chips or banana slices as a topping to give a touch of sweetness.
Peanut butter goes with most crackers. No matter what kind of nut butter it is, here are some of the best crackers to pair with peanut butter:
- Ritz crackers: A budget-friendly snack combination is Ritz crackers and peanut butter. Ritz is best known for its buttery, rich crackers, which can pair well with the bold peanut butter flavors.
- Saltines: This cracker has low sodium content and is known as a good source of dietary fat, fiber, and protein to keep you full longer. Nut butter, especially peanut butter, is good pairing to increase healthy nutrients.
- Graham crackers: Peanut butter with graham cracker then dipped into chocolate is a real hit. So tasty, but not too sweet and easy to make. One of the fascinating things about this dish is that no baking is involved. Just combine the two and leave them in the fridge for quick snack.
- Pretzel crackers: Satisfy cravings with pretzel crackers and peanut butter. Pretzels are salty and sweet and marry beautifully with peanut butter. They also deliver a satisfying crunch that even kids will love. Stripe them with melted chocolate to enhance the blend of sweet and salty, and serve to friends and family while watching a movie.
- Whole grain: Opt for the healthy option with whole grain crackers. The earthy and grainy texture of the whole grains adds flavor and consistency to the plain peanut butter combination.
- Lance crackers: It has been a classic cracker for peanut butter over the years. In fact, it makes the dish so crunchy and sweet, perfect when served with tea at home.
What flavor goes with peanut butter?
Here are classic flavor combinations that goes with peanut butter:
- peanut butter + Ritz crackers + honey + banana + cinnamon
- peanut butter + saltine crackers + dill pickle + mustard
- peanut butter + graham crackers + pumpkin seeds + chia seeds
- peanut butter + whole grain crackers + jelly
- peanut butter + lance crackers + strawberries
Peanut Butter and Crackers: Conclusion
Sweet and creamy peanut butter spread on the right crackers is refreshingly fulfilling snack to try.
Each selection of crackers offers various flavor from salty to buttery, and grainy. However, that does not limit the cracker pairing with peanut butter.
Crackers that go well with peanut butter are Ritz crackers, Pretzel, saltines, graham crackers, whole grain, and lance crackers.
When choosing the crackers to serve with the spread, determine what kind of peanut butter you are using. Sweetened, unsweetened, salt-free, creamy and chunky are selected based on personal preference.
Plain crackers and peanut butter are a healthy snack that offers fiber, protein, and healthy fats needed as part of daily nutrition.
If you are looking for quick and easy snack idea, start with these classic pairing. Top the spread with jelly, sliced apple, banana puree, toasted marshmallows, melted chocolate and many more to give a fun pleasure.