Is your go-to snack goat cheese with crackers? From quick filling snacks to appetizer cheese platters, goat cheese typically pairs well with fruit, meat, and nuts.
Goat cheese is popular since it’s pretty versatile and adds a salty and creamy texture to any dish. There are a variety of cheeses available, but goat cheese is a definite favorite when talking crackers.
What crackers are good with goat cheese? Goat cheese tastes better with crackers because of its mild tang and smooth creamy mouthfeel. The perfect match for goat cheese is with seed crackers such as sesame, sunflower, pumpkin, chia, poppy, and flax seed.
The acidity taste from the goat cheese salivate in your mouth with the nutty and earthy seed flavor and crunchy texture. To eliminate the initial sharp flavor from goat cheese, consider selecting herb infused crackers including thyme, rosemary, black pepper, sea salt and drizzle honey or add fruit or jam for a punch of sweetness.
No matter when and how it is served, goat cheese and crackers works well as an afternoon snack, appetizer, party dish, dessert course or on a road trip for a quick bite.
If you need more help to put goat cheese and cracker assortments with other ingredients, this article expounds more on the variety of combos. Answered below are frequently asked questions about what crackers to eat with goat cheese and why the matches are a perfect complement.
What does goat cheese go well with?
Goat cheese is highly versatile and delicious, but can be quite strong if not paired correctly. It can be served at anytime of day, but the accompaniments must be favorably selected.
- Grains: This will include vegetables, beans, quinoa, and some meat to add more flavor to the goat cheese and grain combination. The goat cheese adds a creamy texture to the dish with its bright flavor.
- Salads: Leafy greens are the number one among the many ways to eat goat cheese. Topping with nuts and seeds for crunchiness will not harm. In addition, adding fresh or dried fruits such as apples and berries will blend well with the cheese.
- Pizza: Goat cheese compliments pizza in a significant way when the pizza is garnished just before serving. It is just the perfect match due to its lemony and creamy nature that adds brightness to the pizza.
- Herbs: This involves marinating the goat cheese in herbs including thyme, rosemary, basil, mint, and oregano. It’s the easiest, quickest and most delicious to take goat cheese to the next level.
- Nuts: Classic walnut and goat cheese pairing offers a smooth and crunchy texture. In addition, pecans, pine nuts, macadamia nuts, and pistachio are an alternative pairing.
What crackers are best with goat cheese?
The classic way to pair goat cheese is with seeded crackers. Seedy crackers have mild flavor and crunchy nature that combines well with the earthy and tangy flavor of the cheese.
When paired with goat cheese, subtly sweet flavors come forth. Furthermore, the seeds add a burst of flavor and enhanced crunch that goes well with the extra rich and creamy goat cheese.
Best goat cheese and crackers combinations
It will best to serve goat cheese and crackers with minimal ingredients. It involves a crisp cracker in combination with a sliced or cubed goat cheese.
Accompaniments in this pairing should be fruits such as apples, mango, or pear to add a sweet flavor and make a savory snack.
- goat cheese + crackers + honey + pecans + figs
- goat cheese + crackers + cherry tomatoes + walnuts
- goat cheese + crackers + cherries + brown sugar
- goat cheese + crackers + pomegranate + maple syrup
- goat cheese + crackers + dried cranberries + rosemary
Goat Cheese With Crackers: Conclusion
Goat cheese and crackers go together like peanut butter and jelly. It is a classic snack with so many fun variations in the combination that are easy to customize.
The best way to prepare this combination is by using various tricks and selecting crackers with seeds for the perfect goat cheese pairing.
Seeded crackers complement well with the tangy flavor from goat cheese. The earthy and crunchy texture of sesame, sunflower, pumpkin, chia, poppy, and flax seed crackers enhances the complex creaminess of the goat cheese.
The next time you are preparing an appetizer or simple snack, go for a goat cheese and cracker duo.
And if you need additional flavor, consider a drizzle of honey or maple syrup. Also consider a drop of fruit jam and toss dried fruit or nuts to deliver an explosion of flavor in your mouth on every bite.